Interior decorating is a wonderful opportunity of expressing yourself and displays your interests in art and furniture. Each style of decorating the home interior is different; with some elaborate, while others are minimal.
Furthermore, budget is always at the top of the list when you are planning for a home interior decoration. Although hiring a professional interior decorator can truly bring out the best in your home, it could be quite costly.
Nevertheless, there are wonderful do-it-yourself interior decorating methods that you can apply in your home. Books, TV programs, magazines and several internet sites can provide you with ideas and suggestions for home interior decorating.
Steps in a DIY interior decorating:
1. Decide which room you would like to decorate and make certain that you have all the tools you will need when you are ready to begin your decorating project.
2. Get a new feel for the area by writing down what you love about it and what you dislike. Establish what you want this space to become and who will use it. Make a list and be specific about how you want the room to work. Furthermore, determine if you want it to be warm and inviting, peaceful, energetic, sleek and stylish.
3. Establish a simple floor plan, which is quite simple due to the many choices available nowadays. Carefully measure the space including windows and doors. You could opt to use a good old graph paper and pencil or buy an affordable furniture template kit.
4. It is then time to choose the color of the room. The color of the wall will set the stage for the entire space. Remember that you should be able to choose the furniture, fabric colors, woods, leathers first before you choose the wall color to be able to harmonize the room well.
5. If you are someone who loves genuine home interior decorating, you can consider on handmade and old items and collectibles. For this style, you can use furniture and accessories, which look extremely stained, worn or antique. Choose warm and dark shades wall color for this type such as red brick or deep grey.
6. Another interesting design is whimsical decorating which allows you to go wild with your imagination. You can use all your favorite colors and various patterns. Basically, this kind of interior decorating design is all about color. Nevertheless, keep in mind that if you opt for bold and vibrant colors, stay within that shade and if you decide pastel colors, stick to it.
7. The traditional design is a combination of modern look and the elegant look of the past. In this design, space is important. Neutral colors like beige, neutral or mushroom are best for the walls. Darker colors like mauve, burgundy, green or blue could be used for the fabric, upholstery and rugs. Consider adding crystal or china objects to compliment the style or add artwork to the space. Wood-framed paintings are perfect for this kind of design.