- Pegs or hooks for your coats, hats and jackets.
- A rug near entry door to wipe the shoes. It is your first line of defense against the clutter.
- Mudroom bench to provide sitting space for removing and storing the shoes.
- Umbrella stand for the rainy season. The best place is just above the mudroom bench.
- A separate place for pets.
- Add cushion on the top of mudroom bench.
Mudroom laundry room floor plans
- The floor surface should be made of durable material. It should be scratch proof and easy to clean.
- Specify a door and separate area for your laundry inside the mudroom.
- Use tiles instead of vinyl flooring. Tiles are long lasting and durable.
- Sink material must be durable and heat resistant (ex stainless steel or cast iron).
Mudroom furniture plans
- Add a mirror to check yourself before leaving the house.
- Add a shelf near the door to store keys, papers and important mails.
- Use plenty of baskets and cabinets for storage.
- Provide plenty of hooks for hanging space. No mudroom is complete without the ample hanging space.
- Use a bulletin board to keep track of schedules.
Some of the best Tips for the perfect mudroom design
- Always use water proof and heat-resistant material for finishing.
- Use wall mounted cabinets to save space.
- Label bins and cabinets. Make sure that each family member gets his own storage space.
- Place a big bin to collect dirty clothes.
- Make a drain in the floor to run off water after washing.
- Try waterproof, resilient floor. It will help keep moisture out of the room.
- space heater to dry the wet clothes quickly. You can place it below the mudroom bench to save space.
- Place a door between mudroom and your house to keep temperature inside the house at minimum.
- Go for Shelving inside the cabinets. It will keep your items organised.
- Make sure that your mudroom has enough room for moving around.
- Use radiant floor or install bench radiator (if you cant have radiant floor. )
Add a mudroom bench to provide a comfortable sitting place to remove or store muddy boots. It is most important furniture to keep your house clean. Choose a bench that matches the decor of your house. You can add storage to bench by placing bins, baskets or installing cabinets. Make sure that it don’t have any sharp edges and its height is comfortable for all family members.