Use square mirror tiles to add visual interest to any wall in your home. Whether you choose to add a modern, rustic or eclectic display, options exist to suit any style of decor. Experiment with different arrangements and finishes for the mirrors.
Look to the existing style and decor of the room to help determine what materials and colors will look best when paired with the mirror tiles. Square tiles can be laid in square or diamond formations depending on the space available and personal taste.
1. Add a square mirror tile display to a feature wall in your living space. Measure the area and affix each tile in place by peeling the backs off and sticking them in place. Frame the entire display with decorative molding painted and cut to size. Or create three separate framed designs, unified with the same vibrant shade of paint for the frames.
2. Affix a single band of mirror tiles to the perimeter of a playroom. Paint your favorite phrase, rhyme, quote or lyric around the bottom edge of the mirrors. Choose a bright color to stand out against the reflective nature of the mirrors.
3. Place mirror tiles all over a single wall and apply vinyl decals to the finished grid. Vinyl decals come in a range of shapes, styles colors and sizes. The decals are removable and leave no trace behind, which means you can change them with the season or as you see fit.
4. Design a feature wall in your kitchen using the same mosaic tiles as in the backsplash. For instance, place mirror tiles in an evenly spaced diamond-shaped pattern and tile between the mirrors with the mosaic glass tiles. This would work equally well for a bathroom.
5. Start a gallery wall in a foyer, hallway or stairwell using framed photos, artwork and tiles. One idea is to create a pattern with the square tiles, frame them and then begin layering in the photographs and artwork. Unify the space by painting all the frames one bright color such as lime or cherry.
Tips & Warnings
Another idea for decorating the glass tiles include frosting paint for a sandblasted look. Add a family crest, a floral pattern, damask designs, geometric patterns and other visually interesting patterns to the mirror tiles.
Experiment with different layouts and designs on the floor before you commit to sticking the mirror tiles to the walls to prevent errors and work out any design flaws.